The course is suitable for students that will enter Year 5 in September 2022. It is a complete and comprehensive course that covers Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning. The course starts at the end of September 2022 and runs until the end of August 2023, just before the children sit their 11+ exams.
The course fee includes everything a child needs to thoroughly prepare for the CEM/GL 11+ exams.
The course includes:
- High quality books and test packs worth over £800
- Exceptional, qualified teachers
- 40 lessons led by an experienced teacher (2.5 hours)
- Tailored one-to-one support
- Two quality mock exams
- A parents’ meeting with your class teacher
- A summer course including 15 hours of lessons at no additional charge. We don’t charge for additional costly summer courses or conclude the course in July, two months before the exam. We continue to deliver quality tuition through the crucial summer period. We include this service and 2 quality mock exams as part of the course fee. There are no extra charges, everything you need to fully prepare is included.
- Small classes (a maximum of 14 children)
The Year 5 course is split into 2 phases. This is explained in detail below.
Phase 1 – September 2022 to July 2023 (Term Time Course)
Each class will be led by one of the founders of Bradley Tuition or an experienced qualified teacher. There will also be at least 7 teaching assistants and one supervisor working in each class. The lessons are 2.5 hours long.
The lesson is broken into 3 parts:
Part 1 – Tailored one-to-one support. The children will sit in a separate room with a teaching assistant. We use this one-to-one time to go over some of the individual mistakes your child made in the previous week’s homework. This allows us to provide a tailored approach and help each child improve their weak areas.
Part 2 – Class time in a small group of 7. The children will have some class tests to complete while the teacher checks through the homework books. We also play some mental maths and vocabulary games to give children a bit of a break and to keep them engaged and motivated.
Part 3 – The main teacher-led lesson. All children come back into the main classroom for a 70 minute, interactive, teacher-led lesson. In this part of the lesson, we teach the children a range of new topics. We focus on teaching the children the techniques and methods required to successfully master these topics.
Homework – The children will have between 5 and 7 hours of homework to complete at home, each week. This homework will focus on the topics taught in the weekly lesson and will also include reading, comprehension and vocabulary work.
Phase 2 – August (Summer Course)
All summer sessions are conducted in-centre, in groups, with your child’s main class teacher.
These sessions are 2.5 hours long and take place during the summer holidays, in the crucial lead up to the exam. The sessions focus on revision, speed and exam practice. There will be a total of 6 lessons across the last three weeks of August. You will not have a choice regarding which dates and times you will need to attend. The dates will be sent to you in January 2022. You need to be available between 09/08/23 – 01/09/23 for these lessons.
The children will have between 5 and 7 hours of homework to complete at home, each week. This homework will focus on the topics taught in the weekly lesson and will also include reading, comprehension and vocabulary work.
Everyone is hoping that we have seen the last of the covid restrictions. However, as the last year has shown, you never know. We have two possible back-up options which we may use if covid-19 issues arise once again. Which option we choose will depend on case numbers, government restrictions or restrictions put in place by our venues. Please do not enrol your child if you are not happy with our back-up plans.
There may be a scenario where we are able to remain open but with increased social distancing measures in place. In this scenario, we would remove the one-to-one sessions and have the teacher lead the lesson for the full 2.5 hours. This would allow us to keep everyone socially distant at all times and would mean we can continue operating in person. The course fee will remain the same.
We may need to revert to teaching online, via Zoom, if things worsen significantly. In this event, the lesson slots will remain the same and the lessons will be live interactive sessions. However, the full 2.5 hour lesson will be teacher-led and there will be no one-to-one sessions. We have delivered lessons like this during previous lockdown periods and the sessions are incredibly effective. The course fee will remain the same. All homework materials will be delivered to your door.
All decisions on how to operate in light of issues regarding covid-19 are at the sole discretion of Bradley Tuition
The course fee is £3055. A non-refundable registration fee of £250 is payable to secure your child’s place on the course. 11 monthly instalments of £255 are then payable on the first of every month from 01/10/22 to 01/08/23. If you wish to leave the course for any reason, you need to provide three week’s notice.
Students currently enrolled on the Bradley Tuition Year 4 Course are entitled to a £100 discount meaning the total course fee is £2955. The £100 discount will be applied to the registration fee, meaning the initial charge will be £150.
Enrolment for the 2022/23 Year 5 classes that commence in October 2022, has not yet opened. The enrolment schedule is listed below:
- Wednesday 25/05/22 – Final Course Information Booklets will be sent out via email to everyone on our waiting list. We will provide full details on fees, course structure, dates and we will also provide a full list of all of the classes we will be running at each venue next year. We will also include which teachers will be teaching each class.
- Wednesday 08/06/22 at 6.30pm – Online enrolment will open to students currently enrolled on the Bradley Tuition Year 4 course, wishing to re-enrol for the 2022/23 Year 5 course.
- Friday 10/06/22 at 6.30pm – Online enrolment will open to all students joining Bradley Tuition for Year 5 only.
You can find out about our free assessment here.